Thursday, September 11, 2014

Gods Way

This is a story I wrote. I hope you like it. 


My name is Beth. When I was a teenager I lived in a Christian home but I didn't live like a Christian. I never truly gave my life to God. Until it happened.
Since I don't remember anything that happened that day except for the dream this is from what my parents have told me.

I was in the car with my boyfriend, Andrew. We had been partying with friends all night and we were both quite drunk. He started screaming at the car behind us and went left to center and we wrecked into a semi truck. He flew through the windshield and I hit the dashboard, a large chunk of glass was embedded into my head. When the paramedics got to the scene Andy was already dead. I was very close. I was air lifted to a large hospital nearby. Our parents were contacted.
At the hospital, my parents were told that the glass had been removed but I was in very critical condition and the glass had severely scraped my head. They operated right away. It didn't seem successful though. I wasn't waking up. After a week of no progress the doctors gave up, but my parents wouldn't take me off life support. They had faith.

While I was considered dead I was having the experience of a lifetime.

A beautiful light. So bright I couldn't see anything. It slowly faded and my eyes adjusted. A town. A city. Roads made of gold. Fountains flowing with golden water that ran into streams with beautiful waterfalls. The clouds were so big, lined with silver and inside they were golden! Everything was golden. Mansions. The wood glowed. The doors were huge. There were flowers everywhere. But they were colors I had never seen. I can't even describe them. They were wonderful.
People lined the streets, talking and setting up stands of food. It was more crowded than any place I had ever been but I didn't have an agitated feeling of an over crowed place, I felt peaceful. Everyone seemed to care about what the people around them were doing.
A man dressed in a white robe walked towards me. No, he didn't walk to me, how do you describe it? He kind of glided to me. He just slid across the ground without moving his feet. Now that I looked, all of the people walked like that! It was very strange but it almost felt normal. Like it was that way all the time.
Welcome, my friend! And greetings from the Most High. May I have the honor of showing you our fair city.” I nodded and he started leading me down the road.
As we came to the end of the city, I could see that there was one more mansion. It was much larger than the other ones. The man led me in and told me this was the house of the Most High and He wanted to see me. Everything was so beautiful! We came up to two very large doors. To my astonishment the doors opened by themselves.
As we entered the room my eyes gazed upon someone sitting in a large chair. The person glowed much brighter than anything else. So much that I couldn't actually see him, just his masculine frame. I suddenly felt fear. Like I wasn't worthy to stand in the same room as this man. It scared me.“Wha-What's going on? Where am I?”
Don't you know?” The man asked standing up, his glow slowly fading so I could see his face.
I shook my head, “No.”
You are in heaven!” He said as He raised His hands and smiled, “Well, you are getting a small taste of heaven.” Then He shook his head, “But you cannot stay.”
What! Why?” I cried.
You have chosen a different path.” Then it all melted away.
I was in complete darkness. I couldn't feel my arms or legs. I was burning, it slowly climbed up my body. It got stronger and stronger. My skin started to melt away but it never left my body and it kept burning. It hurt so bad I can't even describe it. I wondered why I wasn't dying. I wanted to.
Something almost like an eye staring me down appeared a little ways away. I tried to stand but my hands and feet felt like they were cemented to the cold ground. I cried for help but no one answered. I felt so alone. I'd never felt this way. I had been lonely sure, but, never have I felt so utterly alone. There wasn't anyone to help me. Not even anyone to hurt me. I started sobbing.
Why do you cry?” A voice boomed into the darkness.
What! Who's there!?”
The voice boomed again, “I asked, why do you cry?”
Be-because I'm scared. Wh-where am I. Who are you?”
You should know.”
I shivered, remembering my old Sunday School lessons,“I'm in H-Hell?”
Yes. Sadly, you are getting a taste of Hell. But it is such a small taste. You would never pull through if you got a real taste of Hell.”
How could this be a small taste of Hell?”
In Hell you are completely separated from me and all good. You say you feel desperately alone but you aren't alone, not really. You can feel my presence.”
Oh God! Why am I here? Am-am I dead?”
That you must decide. You can fight for your life. Or not. If you fight you will get a second chance. If you don't you will really go to Hell.”
What do you mean?” There was no answer. I called and called but got no answer.
Then it came but very faint, “There is no way but my way. My way is the way of life. But you haven't chosen that path. You chose to follow your own way. This is where it got you.”

A light shining into my closed eyes. I slowly opened them, “D-Dad?”
I'm here, Darling. So is your Mom.”
What happened?” I looked around the room, “A hospital?”
We'll talk about that later. You rest now. You need it.” Dad smiled at me and looked over at the doctor.
She smiled, “She'll be fine. Just fine.”

1 comment:

  1. This is an amazing story big sis. I love it, it made me shiver.

    ReplyDelete